Friday, June 17, 2016

My favorites bands

Well, I can not write about of only band, because I like the musical style more than the bands. For example, I really like the Heavy Metal music, in almost all its variants, and in each of these variants there are bands that I like. But,also I like classic rock, for example bands such as "Focus", "Pink Floyd" "Queen" and others.Then I shall comment briefly about the bands I like and each band will show you a random video with the song I like it, or if I can, the official video for the song.

The firts song is of the band called Helloween, a German power metal band, this band have a espectacular career, with many master pieces, such as the album Keeper of the seven keys I&II (1987 &1988), the song that I present now is called "I want out" and belong to the album Keeper of the seven keys II, with Michael Kiske as a singer, Kiske with Dickinson of Iron Maiden and Rob Halford of Judas Priest, are for me, some of the better singer in the heavy metal music.


The second band is Iron Maiden, with the song "Run to the hills", this song is very great for me, the high tones of the singer (Bruce Dickinson) are amazing, and I really happy because He's recovered from tongue cancer that affected him last year, and well, "Run to the hills" is the song that I listen when a seismic event occurs, but of course, only by the chorus, since the letter was not related to the earthquakes xD




Along with the heavy metal, is the turn of Rob Halford and Judas Priest, I had the opportunity to see them in concert with Whitesnake in 2010, and the show was great. In case of this band, the song that I like are many, but I have four as my favorites, Paintkiller, Hell Patroll, Turbo Lover and the song that I show now, Breaking the law, this last, represent the rebel spirit of heavy metal.





Well, while I write this post, youtube starts playing a song list of DIO, literally the God of heavy metal, and I can´t leave out to these grat artis, an artist so famous that even appeared in the film Tenacious D, the pick of destiny, well the songs that hear now is called Holy Diver, and for me is one of the best of this singer.




As I commented at the beginning of this post, I like almost all the heavy metal, but, for reasons of space and time, I leave out the description about some bands such as Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Megadeth, Black Sabath, AC DC and other of the clasic rock such as Pink Floyd, Creedence, Led Zeppelin.

I want to show you two or three songs of Rock, a couple of this are famous thanks to the films Back to the future, The first song is called Jhonny B, Goode, this for me, one of the masterpiece of Chuck Berry, a successful musician of Blues and Rock & Roll, that between other things, was the inspiration for band such as The Beatles.



The other song of Back to the future, is Double Back, of ZZ TOP.




This song are not related whit the movie, but is very great, belonging to REM, and its called Losing my religion.




Ending with rock, I cant leave out to Queen, the grat Freddy and the most great songs of this band "Bohemian rhapsody" a song so important for the rock, that many musicians have covered.



Finally, I back to heavy metal, but now, I talking about three bands, I will mention this not because of his great career, but the novelty of his style, The firts band is Nigthwish, a finnish metal band and the cover of Gary Moore song's "Over the hills and far away", Nigthwish its a great band, but I like its more when sing Tarja, in fact the song that I show is part of this period of the band.




The next song is a collaboration between the German Symphonic metal band  "Rhapsody" and Christopher Lee, OH YEAH!! CHRISTOPHER LEE, THE MOST IMPORTANT AND FAMOUS DRACULA in all history of the horror movies, but most important THE WHITE WIZARD!! FUCK YEAH!!! THE WHITE WIZARD SINGING HEAVY METAL!!, and this last is real, with 90 years old, Christopher Lee singing heavy metal and he had a band, and realized many covers of other artist, for example "My way" of Sinatra, but also he composed his own song and He became a legend, not only of the film but also of the heavy metal. He died in the last year.



Finally I will mention a little of heavy metal in spanish, I regret leaving out band such as Baron Rojo, Angeles del Infierno, Medina Azahara (fusion betwen metal and gypsy music) Rata Blanca, Mago de Oz, or many others that I like to me, but now show a band that I like because they put music of some passages of the one of most important literary franchises "The Lord of the Rings" and for this reasons, I think that you will know it. The band is called Saurom, and the song is "El cumpleaƱos de Bilbo".



I hope you enjoy this!!!





1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really tried to listen the metal with passion, but I can't, maybe a lot of groups, In fact, one of my favorites band is Avenged Sevenfold, but isn't HEAVY metal. Hehe. In your post, I just like (and love) Queen <3

    ReplyDelete